“community pubs have a 99% success rate.”
UK community enterprise support group The Plunkett Foundation
- To preserve The White Horse public house and return it to use as a country pub/ cafe/ restaurant serving Kimpton village and its surrounding community
- A food-led pub serving locally sourced traditional ales, other drinks and quality food from the pub kitchen
- A daytime café service offering quality coffee, tea and refreshments to the many walkers and cyclists who use the footpaths and cycling routes around the village
- A social hub for the village and its numerous clubs and societies
- Purchase and renovate The White Horse through a Community Benefit Society with funds raised through community share investment, complemented by additional grant funding from various local and national schemes
- Maintain an open and constructive dialogue with the owner to negotiate purchase of the pub and seek to pay a fair price for the freehold in line with its market value as a pub
- Campaign to protect The White Horse status as an Asset of Community Value, Grade 2 listed building and its designated planning use class as a pub
- Restore the image of this precious conservation area by renovating the pub’s High St frontage – the moment freehold is acquired
For more detailed information about the Save Our White Horse campaign, visit the FAQ page via this button.
Updates and articles from the ‘Save Our White Horse’ campaign
Enjoyed our last Pop-Up pub, did you? Wait till you see what we've got planned for you at the Festive Pop-Up pub on Friday 8 December. On top of all the things you've come to know and love - ales, wines, live music and general good-time conviviality - we've got a...
Villagers pack in at White Horse campaign event Kimpton's most recent 'Save Our White Horse' Pop-Up pub proved to be its most successful yet, with a packed Dacre Rooms testifying to the huge local interest in the campaign's work of restoring this much-loved pub...
A VISION OF THE FUTURE WHITE HORSE By Cherry Maslen What do you think of when you think of a village? It's a safe bet that a traditional, cosy pub with beams and a log fire is part of the picture, along with an ancient church, cottages and a village green. The...